Whether you're prepping your home for sale, or plan on enjoying it for years to come, getting it into tip-top shape should be a high priority. A priority, mind you, that doesn't have to break the bank. Here's a list of 17 satisfying home upgrades that you can perform yourself with little to no specialized knowledge or experience.
1. Learn how to cheaply and easily make an ugly backsplash a thing of the past.
2. Tired of that ugly ceiling light cover? Want to focus the light on a smaller area? This DIY shows how to create a drum shade for your ceiling light.
3. Here’s how to make your laminate countertop look like expensive soft-stone.
4. For vanity updates, grey is the new black. Here’s a DIY to create your very own modern, concrete-style vanity.
5. If you would like a little more privacy without cutting the lighting down too much, try frosting your windows with cornstarch.
6. You can hang a curtain from the ceilings to create the illusion of a larger shower. Giving your rod a few coats using gold spray paint adds a nice touch too.
7. Upgrade those boring cabinets with this shaker style DIY.
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free! *Contact Information is NOT Shared*